Today I’m going to share with you my ‘secret recipe’ to make a delicious tapenade. I have been making a batch a week of tapenade for my kids sandwich for school for the past 2 years. It’s an easy fix delicious and nutrient alternative sandwich, instead of the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
My 2 kids just love it!
Tapenade is very versatile and can be used a number of ways: you can use it for a great appetizer or as a snack on a piece of toasted bread or as a dip with carrots and celery sticks.
Ingredients (classic version)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups whole, pitted kalamata olive
- 1 or 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons capers rinsed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
My personal touch:
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves